Will it STOP raining?? + DVD Review
Hey Hots and Fits!!
Happy Monday! I am exceptionally happy (sort of) cause I got today and tomorrow off work! You guys now I always say I love being on schedule and going to work (keeps me busy!) but rest days are good, too!
I slept in this morning (11 hours of sleep! JEEZ!), woke up and ate an extended breakfast of cold cereals+milk and 4 crackers with Honey and Cottage cheese. I was starving.
After digesting and hanging out with my beautiful madre I went outside to the pouring rain (which hasn’t stopped these last 2 days) and drove to el gimnasio…
Some readers asked me what I was up to this week, so here is the deal: I am pretty much sticking to my routine from last week because
- its time effective (workouts do not last longer than 1 hour at the most
- its total body, which means I don’t have to worry about separate routines every other day
- I really felt the burn last week
- it provides a great combination of cardio and strength
I am basically doing this format:
- MONDAY – Cardio (HIIT) + Abs
- TUESDAY – Total Body Routine (see below)
- WEDNESDAY – Cardio (HIIT) + Abs
- THURSDAY – Total Body Routine (see below)
- FRIDAY – Cardio (HIIT) OR General Cardio (e.g. different machines, steady pace running etc.) + Abs
- SATURDAY – Total Body Routine (see below)
- SUNDAY – Rest Day OR Pilate/Yoga
The routine is from Fitness Magazine (which I recently rediscovered and absolutely love) and its called
Of course I am not trying to slim down in seven days! I just like this routine and therefore will give it a try for the next four weeks or so. Head to the link to see more, its great! You could pretty much do this workout at home, too!
I also tried Exhale Spa’s Thighs and Glutes DVD today for the first time…
I absolutely LOVED this DVD. Its about 51 minutes long, but you really do not feel the time moving by! Elizabeth Halfpapp and Fred DeVito are great instructors, providing important explanations regarding form and breathing, and address which muscles you are working each time. It is split into 5 – 10 minute segments, so you don’t even have to do all of them at the same time….All you need for this DVD is a mat, sturdy chair and a towel/block. It was a great workout and I hope I shall feel it tomorrow!
Anyways, I am off to do some reading now and spend time with the familia!