Hi Hots and Fits!
I had this post scheduled to appear today since it is Yom Kippur and I am fasting. And not drinking. For 25 hours.
During the last 6 hours it pretty much feels like THIS:
Alright, getting on with the post, I wanted to share TWO fabulous workouts I did on Thursday and Friday which I know I will feel the next day! (Thank God for Yom Kippur and resting!)
I wanted plain, old, good cardio while watching Life Unexpected. I honestly ate like a piglet the night before so I had to kick things back to normal.
- 30 minutes on the arc trainer (2 minutes warm up, then alternating 5 minutes forward 5 minutes backwards, Resistance 5, 2 minute cool down)
- 15 minutes on the sweatmaster, alternating every two minutes between resistances 4-6
Strength – Stability Ball ABS
You HAVE to try this workout. You will feel it the next day! Just grab an exercise ball and go!
I did 3 sets of each exercise, little rest between sets:
- Roll ins (15 per set) – you can make it harder by doing piques
- Crunches (25 per set) – you can make it harder by holding a weight across your chest
- Oblique crunches (12 per set + per side)
- Single leg crunch – these are KICKASS and I think my left side is stronger than the right (???) – (10 per set, per leg)
- Plank (2 x 1 minute)
Today was lower body day and I was contemplating between just doing P90X at home, ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit which focuses on lower body or just something else. Instead I mixed and matched lifting lighter weights, higher reps – I am just messing around.
I started with an awesome treadmill workout from Fitness Magazine called The 20-Minute, Glute-Sculpting Treadmill Routine:
Strength – Lower Body
As I mentioned before – lower weights, higher reps 😀
- Deadlift– 5 kg dumbbell in each hand, 3 reps of 15
- Squat with weights – 5 kg dumbbell in each hand, 3 reps of 15
- Skaters/Bowlers lunge – 3 kg dumbbell in each hand, 3 reps of 15
- Reverse lunge with lateral raise – 2 kg dumbbell in each hand, 1 set of 12 per leg, 1 set of 5 per leg
- Reverse lunge with frontal raise – 2 kg dumbbell in each hand, 1 set of 12 per leg, 1 set of 5 per leg
On the Stability Ball:
- Pulsing hip lifts – pulse hips up and down for 15 seconds, 3 times
- Hip Extensions on ball – 3 reps of 15