Jewish New Years Eve
ITS JEWISH NEW YEAR!
So Happy New Year AKA Rosh Hashanah to all my Jewish peeps! We are having guests over here at the casa. Who are not Jewish. Its always, always, hilarious fascinating when we have non-Jews over cause they ask the funniest things. Or, maybe they just find our religion funny they are too afraid to comment….
This is our table, and here are some of the dishes:
Before all the feasting, I left work at lunch time and headed to el gimnasio. If yesterday’s cardio was a killer, today’s strength was murderous.
33 minutes of HIIT on the dreadmill, with my usual 2 min/40 seconds timing
3 min warm up @ 5.5 km/hour, 2%
27 minutes of pure HIIT, running for 2 minutes, resting for 40 seconds. Incline goes down to 1.5%, speeds range between 9.8 km/hour.
3 min cool down @ 5.5 km/hour, 4% incline
That got my sweat on, as always 😀
ChaLEAN Extreme – style Weight Lifting sesh
Today’s workout was insaneeee! I don’t know if its cause I was lifting heavier or cause of the routine, but this was TOUGH!
*Lift as heavy as you can while keeping good form; file between 10-12 reps
- Sumo Squat with Bicep Curl – 3 kg in each hand
- Lunge with Tricep Extension, single arm (x2 makes one rep) – 4 kg in each hand
- Dead Lift Row – go down, go up then do a rowTriple Threat Push Up – 5 kg in each hand
- Sumo Squat with Overhead Tricep Extension – 4 kg weight
- Dead Lift with Double Arm Row – same as before, but palms face OUT and you should bend half way down after the deadlift to row – 5 kg weight in each hand
- Bowler’s Lunge with Single Arm Row – static bowler’s lunge, row when down then lift yourself up – 5 kg in each hand
- Bicep with Abductor Balance – as you life leg out, do a bicep curl – 5 kg in each hand
- 3 EXTREME BICEP CURLS – 5 kg in each hand
- Forward Lean lunge with Double Row – 5 kg in each hand
- 3 EXTREME ROWS – 5 kg in each hand
After all the sweat was done, I came home, had a gigantic lunch (tortilla wrap+steamed veggies + wasa crackers with crunchy Marks & Spencer Peanut butter and Jam) and then got ready to feast.