The Good, Old, Reliable Stuff
Hi Hots and Fits!
I am on holiday so I should be posting more often, sleeping less, exercising more….but….as you can see…not happening !
Seems like I am in some sort of exercise rut recently. Don’t get me wrong, I still exercise, but…
- Not for as long as I did during the days I was working
- I am not doing as much yoga as I want to
- I am not longer rising up at 5:20 to work out
The latter is probably the biggest bummer of all. The only reason I am not waking up early is cause I know I am on holiday. I need a summer job. ASAP. I am one of those people who should not be on holiday!
My running is kind of slacking too, or I am just not in the mood (marathon burn out maybe?)…and ChaLEAN
and the rest of beachbody and I are on a break. I therefore turned to my good old friend
I adore Jillian. I want her to be my BFF. I want to work out with her every single day for the rest of my life.
Recently (like, 3 times maybe?) I have been doing this DVD:
It is awesome and its Jillian and its one of those workouts I know will make a different. A little long but I am on holiday, right? Here is a summary of the routine, each circuit is always repeated twice:
Jillian Michaels Warm up (5 minutes) : marching in place, fake jump rope, arm circles, skaters and jumping jacks. Repeat.
Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
– Squat with Shoulder Press
– Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (both legs)
– Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
– Front Shoulder Press Outs
Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
– Chest Press with a Crunch
– Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
– Bicycle Crunches
– Squirms (lying down with knees bent, flip your palms so they are facing the wall and reach to touch the ankles)
– Push Ups
Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
– Deadlift with Hammer Curl
– Static Squat with Concentration Curl
– Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (both legs)
– Side Lunge with Biceps Curl
Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
– Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
– Sumo Squat with Overhead Tricep Press
– Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
– Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (both legs)
Circuit #5- Core
– Double Crunches
– Twisting Plank
– Plank with Toe Taps (both legs)
– Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)
Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
– Plank with Back Rows
– Scissor Kicks
– Pelvic Thrusts (both legs)
Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
– Side Plank
– Side Lying Leg Raise
– Inner Thigh Raise
– Donkey Kicks
– Fire Hydrant with Kick
Jillian Michaels Cool Down/Stretch
Even if you are in an amazing shape, I guarantee this workout will be tough and will get you sweaty
Not boring – alternates often, Jillian has an awesome attitude, one that does get on your nerves (Tony Horton, anybody?)
Total body workouts and I LOVE these. You really feel everything working!
Length – After 35 – 40 minutes, my sanity is starting to get challenge. Especially in a DVD workout
After doing INSANITY, this warm up was a serious joke. I kept glancing at Polar thinking maybe he is pissed today, but then I realised this is nothing compared to my Shaun.
Stats: 56 minutes, 400 calories; you’ll need a mat, towel, water and set of weights (anywhere between 1-3 kg)
Alright fellas and bellas, I am out to watch the last semi final of this LOUSY world cup. Espana is my last hope 😦