Get Hot and Fit: The Reverse Plank
Planks and their variations are by far our favourite moves.
The best thing about them is that you can do them anywhere, anytime, before you go to bed or when you just get up, at home or at the beach like this hottie:
- Sit with your legs straight out; hands positioned behind the body, under your shoulders.
- Inhale to prepare, exhale as you lift your pelvis up, reaching the soles of your feet towards the floor until only your hands and heels are in contact with the floor.
Inhale in this position, exhale as you push all your weight through your right heel and hands, sending your left leg towards the ceiling.
- Inhale in position, exhale as you lower your leg to the floor and repeat with right leg. Continue for 10-12 repetitions.
And just to say that if you are like us and find this extremely challenging we may suggest a couple of things:
- Do it on your elbows. This way, you won’t be putting so much stress on your palms and wrists
- Do not lift your legs. Just hold the position for 20-30 seconds.
Muscles used: Back, Quads, Shoulders: Front (anterior deltoids), Triceps, Abdominals